Information on this website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. This website does not constitute an offer or contract. Wong’s Insurance makes no representations whatsoever about other websites which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Wong’s Insurance website, please understand that it is independent from Wong’s Insurance and that Wong’s Insurance has no control over the content on that website. In addition, any link to a non-Wong’s Insurance website does not mean that Wong’s Insurance endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, use, or products and services made available through such website.
Wong’s Insurance will not be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages for any use of this website, or any other hyperlinked website, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Wong’s Insurance only collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing insurance and related products and services to you
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers and other insurers
- Analysing, assessing and underwriting risks on a prudent basis
- Investigating and paying claims
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities
- Compiling statistics
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you or certain products or services offered by our affiliated companies
Your knowledge and consent of Wong’s Insurance collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information Practices.
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Wong’s Insurance or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to Wong’s Insurance).
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process.
- Your consent solicited by Wong’s Insurance (or our agent) for a specified purpose.
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian or agent of holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions notice, you may withdraw the consent at any time. Wong’s Insurance will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for Wong’s Insurance to collect, use or disclose your personal information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
Limited Collection and Retention of Personal Information
Wong’s Insurance will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law. If we require personal inforamtion for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an identified purpose. Wong’s Insurance will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purposes.
Wong’s Insurance will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the identified purposes.
Wong’s Insurance will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity format, location and storage of the personal information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access